Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: New project - Can you guess?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    I hope these come in cheaper than others available for 355US, too rich for my blood
    This. I have two 180Bs. I would gladly switch out the plastic lowers for machined ones but not at C$500 a pop.

CGN Regular
    Serious suggestion: Make dimensions as close to an AR15 as possible and use it's mag release, trigger AND MOST importantly, the buttstock has to take buffer tube. I don't mind the lower looking exactly like an AR

CGN Regular
    an aluminum upper that accepted ar bolts, carriers, and barrels would be most interesting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Serious suggestion: Make dimensions as close to an AR15 as possible and use it's mag release, trigger AND MOST importantly, the buttstock has to take buffer tube. I don't mind the lower looking exactly like an AR
    Something along these lines. The 180 lowers are nice ergonomically, but if you're going through the effort of making them, may as well tweak them to be better. I agree on the flared magwell if it's an option - makes sliding a new mag in that much easier. I don't personally do much part swapping on my guns, but I suspect if they'll take off the shelf AR accessories it'll make it more sellable.

If you could make a complete gun it's clear a lot of people want one, but with R&D, risk and the time I suspect you've already got a good idea of what's worthwhile and what isn't. Doesn't matter to me - AR180 uppers are so simple they aren't hard to make here in Canada :P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Tagged for interest.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    The plastic 180b lower sucks. But how many of these rifles are here in Canada ? 100?

If you guys built the entire firearm, I think there would be a huge market for it. It's really a great design. Either way, a replacement for the crappy polymer lower is a Godsend, so thank you guys!

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Something NR? A CanAm version of the Modern Hunting series?
    One that you can feed anything, even the cheap stuff

Better late than never on someone producing the lower for us up here. Too bad the rifles are so scarce and overpriced these days.

CGN Regular
    I'll NEED a complete rifle too.
    I was wounded by a machine gun, it looks really UZI