Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: P&D Requires Pal for Reloading Components

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    what is this fascination with canadians feelng responsible for the actions of others?
    i would feel horrible if i sold person x something then person x comitted a crime
    i would feel horrible if someone stole my something then used my something in a crime

like really? full retard here folks, full maximum

does the cashier at costco feel horrible when someone buys a set of steak knives then use such steak knives to murder 3 people?

Best comment I've ever seen on here!!!
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoylentD View Post
    When a FO or CFO goes into a business, and states they have to check a PAL for powder and primers, the business complies. Or risks losing their license. Look at all the retailers who require a PAL to purchase powder and primers.. clearly they aren't doing it because they think it's a moral obligation, they are doing it because they have been told to. Believe me, small business' don't need any additional paperwork and red tape.
    You don't have to like the practice (and I don't either) but a business isn't going to court with a CFO over something like this.
    Cut and paste from P&D's website
    Do I need to have a gun license to purchase ammunition and reloading supplies like gunpowder and primers?
    A firearms license (either a POL, or PAL) must be shown to purchase loaded ammunition. The components for manufacturing ammunition (brass, bullets, powder, primers, etc.) do not require a license for their purchase. There are currently no legal limits on quantity purchases. We do not record your license or other information, nor will we do so unless forced to by law.

Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    I'm going to start a business making rubber underwear.
    I'll make a fortune in canada.
    New Liberal gun laws coming - pee pants
    rcmp gun re-classifications - pee pants
    cfo directives - pee pants
    gun club rules - pee pants
    ccw - pee pants
    etc., etc., etc. ...
    "Depends" has that market tied up already.

What kills me is that we need the PAL for guns and ammo and yes some places to buy components(stupid, I agree) But my federally issued PAL is not recognized by any other govt. agency as a form of picture id. Also had a guy at Wholesale Sports physically handle my PAL checking front and back, even running his fingers over the photo. I asked him to explain the extra scrutiny... He claimed they "had to" physically verify because there are "a lot of counterfeits out there" I almost died of laughter as I walked away!

Just for my own 2 cents...I do am offended when I purchase a non restricted firearm and they log all my info into a file just so as soon as the lgr start up they can have all the records back. I have only been asked for a pal when buying primers..I was actually surprised when they sold me powder without asking... In the States we have to show ID for most firearm or firearm related purchases..mind you not a gun permit but they do log all of our info.

Also lawl to the Rosa Parks joke...first world problems haha.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnertrav View Post
    What kills me is that we need the PAL for guns and ammo and yes some places to buy components(stupid, I agree) But my federally issued PAL is not recognized by any other govt. agency as a form of picture id. Also had a guy at Wholesale Sports physically handle my PAL checking front and back, even running his fingers over the photo. I asked him to explain the extra scrutiny... He claimed they "had to" physically verify because there are "a lot of counterfeits out there" I almost died of laughter as I walked away!
    why is that a bad thing? there IS tons of copies of peoples pals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    We can trust the Gov't now can't we? Anyone remember the once in a lifetime FAC we had forced on us.........now it is called a [cash cow] PAL ........pricey and only good for 5 years............lied to more times than a $20 hooker......Harold

Also had a guy at Wholesale Sports physically handle my PAL checking front and back, even running his fingers over the photo. I asked him to explain the extra scrutiny... He claimed they "had to" physically verify because there are "a lot of counterfeits out there" I almost died of laughter as I walked away!
    The last time I bought ammunition at Wholesale, the guy didn't ask for my pal until it was paid for and I was walking away. Without looking, I reached into the wallet and pulled out my CSSA membership card and showed him that. "Thank you" was his reply and away I went.
    Last edited by A_guy; 05-03-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Fat thumbs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Laugh if you want, but there are plenty of fake ones out there.