Thread: Firearm safe recommendations

Firearm safe recommendations

Hi all.

Just purchased my first firearm, shotgun. I’m looking to get a safe to put that and other firearms down the road hopefully in.

A little about myself. Married, no kids to worry about getting in there. Mostly just to keep out thieves should that happen.

I have read some of the other threads on here, Costco seems popular. I’m reaching out to see what people like and dislike.

Any input appreciated.

Thank you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Biggest you can afford , you'll need it !

Hah. Everyone is saying that. Wife’s gonna be upset.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    CanadaSafe.com.....
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I Personally wouldn't buy a Chinese made safe. Because well, #### China. If you've got money getting a Canadian one from canadasafe would be dope. But I couldn't afford it. So I just got a liberty safe from cabelas. While no better then the Chinese ones in build quality at least its made in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Buco1 View Post
    Hah. Everyone is saying that. Wife’s gonna be upset.
    Get her a gun too... wives become assimilated when you get them hooked on shooting.

I'm sure that if others chime in, then they will likely agree with my following advice:

"When shopping for a safe/vault, what ever number of guns its advertised to hold (regardless of the manufacturer's reputation), the real/functional capacity of that safe is about 1/2 to 2/3 of what they advertise "

I am hoping to upgrade from my first safe (made by Sentry) purchased 12 years ago this coming spring.
    Advertised as a 5 gun safe..... LOL yeah right.
    It holds my big ass F Class 308 and my AR 15 only. If my shotgun goes in there, then scrapes and dings will happen. Every shooter I have ever met has experienced this problem regardless of their safe's make.
    Accuracy is a matter of time and money. How much do you want to spend?
    Coyotes outpace roadrunners by 23 mph. They do not outpace a 223 Remington, however.

Hi everyone.

Looking at Canadasafe now, thank you.

I’m not into buying aChinese one. It’s good to support local as a guy can I believe.

Great idea about getting the wife into firearms. That’s a whole different thread.