Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Loaded Law: Handgun ban sending some sports on slow death marches

I suspect Poilievre isn't saying one way or the other on the ban at this time to avoid giving the Libs and NDP something to attack him with. However, I hope once they get voted in the PC's will repeal the ban, and any money going to enforce this ban instead be directed to resources that address illegal gun smuggling... you know...something that might actually help keep illegal firearms away from criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by WizzBang View Post
    I suspect Poilievre isn't saying one way or the other on the ban at this time to avoid giving the Libs and NDP something to attack him with. However, I hope once they get voted in the PC's will repeal the ban, and any money going to enforce this ban instead be directed to resources that address illegal gun smuggling... you know...something that might actually help keep illegal firearms away from criminals.
    I wonder if that's the wisest course of action.
    It's not like Poilievre can avoid this. It's a wedge issue so you're guaranteed it will come up.

Maybe it would be better for him to get his position out there in advance, at timing of his choosing and fairly often.
    Wouldn't that undermine whatever shock value Trudeau thinks he can spin out of it?
    Wouldn't that allow Poilievre to call the tune and frame the discussion when he sets out his position?

Far better than waiting until you're responding to some tragedy somewhere... because at that point, Trudeau will be just handed the whole stage AND the keys to the media circus' printing press for his choice of headlines
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by MALAKA View Post
    Mass non compliance is the only way. Sorry but it has to be said. When the law is bull#### must we really follow it?
    The polls are looking very good, but even if the Justinians remained in power I have little doubt that the majority of non-registered firearms will never get turned in, from SKS's to M1 Garands.

It makes me think of the LGR and how many owners simply never registered their rifles...or the old WW2 vet in Vancouver who kept a select-fire Sturmgewehr44 in his attic for almost 70 years (only found after his death when the house was being cleaned up and sold).

In the fullness of time, the Liberals will fall.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwhite View Post
    P.P. has stated that if elected PM he would repeal Bill C21. Let's see if he will keep his word or behave like most politicians and squirm out of his promise.
    Unfortunately, I can see no political benefit for PP to reverse or repeal any of the current gun policy

He is likely to be voted in without the gun owners vote

Within a generation no more handguns folks.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

If they spent the billions intended for confiscating guns on building garages maybe they could stop some car thefts.

That'd be better than anything they propose to take away legally owned property

CGN Ultra frequent flyer farmer47's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    History has never shown us a positive outcome after removing firearms from citizens. Armed citizens is all that stands between a government and full blown tyranny.
    so true. the protests and backlash that is happening around the world against the Jews is more than alarming.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer47 View Post
    so true. the protests and backlash that is happening around the world against the Jews is more than alarming.
    Support Israel, buy a Tavor:-)

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwhite View Post
    P.P. has stated that if elected PM he would repeal Bill C21. Let's see if he will keep his word or behave like most politicians and squirm out of his promise.
    This/\/\/\
    PP needs to reverse everything Fidel junior and his gang did to us and that i s not just C-21, there is also the C-71 and God knows what else is hidden out there, if he does not, Fidel has won.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Unfortunately, I can see no political benefit for PP to reverse or repeal any of the current gun policy

He is likely to be voted in without the gun owners vote
    Don't count on that. PP know he must not underestimate Lie-berals and he absolutely needs the gunnies votes. Canadians have short memories and when thrown a bone during election campaign they may jump on it no matter how bare that bone may be and PP knows he needs that buffer or extra votes that provide that buffer. Of course he could also simply screw us over once we put him into the office but we don't know that now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast