Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bullpup semi auto 22LR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Ew, lol.
    Hehe. I know. But I like them. Tell me right now that if there was a rimfire NR P90 with high reliability that it wouldn’t sell like hot cakes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    If they use a 1022 receiver, it doesn't matter the orientation. It's still a 1022 and everything just be a bullpup stock. Doubt Ruger gonna change what they been for 60 years, to build a bull pup rifle to comply to Canada regulations.

I can turn a Ferrero into a Ferrari kit car, but still a Pontiac.
    I dunno. According to the lab you can turn a NR mossberg 22lr into a prohib AK47 with new furniture so I think you're trying far too hard to apply logic to a topic that is not based on logic in the first place.

And you can turn a chocolate ball into a car? Lol
    Last edited by Suther; 05-31-2024 at 12:11 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I dunno. According to the lab you can turn a mossberg 22lr into an AK47 with new furniture so I think you're trying far too hard to apply logic to a topic that is not based on logic in the first place.

And you can turn a chocolate ball into a car? Lol
    If you truly think you can win, Let me know how it turns out. If they're not allowing most bull pup airguns into Canada as they're just regular airguns with extended forward triggers. I doubt they're gonna allow a 1022 in a chassi, no matter what they call it.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    I don’t know enough about firearm design laws to make any confident rebuttal to this.

What I can say is that the IRG NFA SBR contraption is very much a G17 without being a G17 or having anything to do with Glock. I’m confident a similar approach could be taken to the 22lr bullpup idea.
    Difference is they took the what classifies it as a pistol and made it from scratch as only thing that common with being a handgun is the slide, fire control and mags and pretty sure it's still a restricted in Canada.

norinco makes some nice bullpups. i have one of the first gen type 97's in 5.56. very reliable gun. not sure if they have anything in 22Cal though. hope this helps!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    If you truly think you can win, Let me know how it turns out. If they're not allowing most bull pup airguns into Canada as they're just regular airguns with extended forward triggers. I doubt they're gonna allow a 1022 in a chassi, no matter what they call it.
    Considering I don't work for Ruger and I don't get to decide what guns they put into production I don't see how I'm supposed to try anything.

Difference is they took the what classifies it as a pistol and made it from scratch as only thing that common with being a handgun is the slide, fire control and mags and pretty sure it's still a restricted in Canada.
    Of course it is restricted, it has a sub-18.5" barrel and is a centerfire semi auto. But it classified as a rifle, and thus If you could get someone to make you a 19" glock barrel I see no reason why it wouldn't be NR.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Considering I don't work for Ruger and I don't get to decide what guns they put into production I don't see how I'm supposed to try anything.

Of course it is restricted, it has a sub-18.5" barrel and is a centerfire semi auto. But it classified as a rifle, and thus If you could get someone to make you a 19" glock barrel I see no reason why it wouldn't be NR.
    But it's hardly a Glock 17 or a Tuff 22 wouldn't be able to be converted into a bullpup.
    I really doubt you could get a bull pup 1022 style without making a totally different receiver and function like most bullpups as if you remove the stock, the gun doesn't function as most houses the recoil springs. Americans can get access to the stocks easy so why would any manufacture bother trying to make a Canada legal bullpup.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234