Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girsan Yavuz 16

Quote Originally Posted by samsplacci71 View Post
    9mmGunGuy, on my post, I had the same thing. My Girsan Yavuz 16 is factory blued finish. I had the same thing happening with my shooting. If you look up my post from a month or so ago, one of the CGN'ers posted a note about shooting the Beretta. Do not hold at 6 o'clock like you would a typical sight picture for pistol. Apparently, the Beretta 92 and the Girsan, you have to line up the 3 dots as normal, however you have to place the centre dot over the bullseye of the target. I have yet to try this, but I am sure it will go a long way toward bringing up your group.
    Tried lining up as you suggested and still group way below the centre of the target. I basically need to line up above the top of the target to hit the centre -- which is difficult because then there's no reference to line up with consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Tried lining up as you suggested and still group way below the centre of the target. I basically need to line up above the top of the target to hit the centre -- which is difficult because then there's no reference to line up with consistently.
    Once I hit the range with mine and try this different point of aim....I may very well end up with the same result. I will keep you posted. If shooting low will be my continued experience, then a taller rear sight or better yet adj. rear sight may be in the cards.

Once I hit the range with mine and try this different point of aim....I may very well end up with the same result. I will keep you posted. If shooting low will be my continued experience, then a taller rear sight or better yet adj. rear sight may be in the cards.
    Let me know how it goes. I may need to change out my rear sight as well.
    Anyone have a source for those?

Let me know how it goes. I may need to change out my rear sight as well.
    Anyone have a source for those?
    Will do. There was a CGN'er who responded a 92 rear sight can work with modification to the sight base as the dovetails are not the same size.

Tried the gun at the range again and the sights seem to be fine. (Sheepishly admits) it must have been the shooter and not the gun.
    Not sure, if a break-in period is needed or just an inexperienced shooter was the problem.

Tried the gun at the range again and the sights seem to be fine. (Sheepishly admits) it must have been the shooter and not the gun.
    Not sure, if a break-in period is needed or just an inexperienced shooter was the problem.
    Mine are still off. I'm hitting consistently low, tight groups and nice trigger. I will have to go with a taller rear sight. All who've shot my pistol have had the same outcome. Consequently, I've adjusted my point of aim higher to compensate in the meantime.

Mine are still off. I'm hitting consistently low, tight groups and nice trigger. I will have to go with a taller rear sight. All who've shot my pistol have had the same outcome. Consequently, I've adjusted my point of aim higher to compensate in the meantime.
    Have you tried different ammo? Generally heavier slower bullets will have a higher POI then lighter ones....ie 115gr may be 6" low, but 124gr/147gr are bang on.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

I have to try some 147gr. & let you know. You're the second person to recommend this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123