Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Shooting

CGN frequent flyer
    Olympic shooting is a very dedicated discipline on its own. I see 2 ladies training at my club for 22lr rifle, when I see them, I am ready to leave. The time it takes for them to setup is eye watering, from the clothing to laptop with special shooting box with microphones downrange, 2 suitcases full of stuff. Winter time, they use a heated tent.

I just wanna blast away.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    Olympic shooting is a very dedicated discipline on its own. I see 2 ladies training at my club for 22lr rifle, when I see them, I am ready to leave. The time it takes for them to setup is eye watering, from the clothing to laptop with special shooting box with microphones downrange, 2 suitcases full of stuff. Winter time, they use a heated tent.

I just wanna blast away.
    I've never thought shooting firearms or Air guns could look so boring. But Olympic shooting literally takes any of the fun factor out, and puts it squarely in the category of boring. It's boring to watch, it's boring to read about, it's boring to do. No wonder it's how the Olympics do shooting sports, as they are just as caught up in current day politics as the rest of these horrible global event groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahpoint View Post
    I guess the question is.....will you cut off your hand in order to qualify for the Paralympics?
    Interesting question , sounds a little glib , tho I witnessed
    an able-body skier asking a para-skier how he could ''get into''
    one of those. (sit-ski's)
    Of course the answer is ''break your neck.''
    "iacta alea est"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    I've never thought shooting firearms or Air guns could look so boring. But Olympic shooting literally takes any of the fun factor out, and puts it squarely in the category of boring. It's boring to watch, it's boring to read about, it's boring to do. No wonder it's how the Olympics do shooting sports, as they are just as caught up in current day politics as the rest of these horrible global event groups.
    Actually, shooting one handed in the rapid shooting events is fun… looking at it, like looking at golf..boring yep. But doing it, like golfers will tell you, is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Not the way the rules are written now. If you are not in already, you are out.
    You could borrow someone else's pistol.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    Huge push is needed to get IPSC, IDPA and 3 gun into the Olympics...

CGN Regular
    Clubs have guns, I know mine has good loaners. We just have to make sure they're well maintained and available to new shooters. Unfortunately the demand will be higher than supply

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    You could borrow someone else's pistol.
    Not really..those guns have a fitted handle to the shooter hand, and if not already competing..the way the new rules are written..you cannot go in. Thats stupid but thats the ways it seem written.

Only the shooters already competing can buy a gun..might be wrong..but the little I have read ..it’s what it is.
    There is no provision to join in.

LOL...

You do realize that this is like asking how you can become an NFL starting QB because you own a football?

There are no "walk-ons" at that level of competition.

If you were Olympic quality you would already be in the program.

But, it's always nice to dream...

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I believe you guys are the expert in this area. How does one become actively training in Olympic shooting? Is that shooting Federation of Canada?

Is it possible to train in Olympic with a Glock and .22 conversion kit?

Can a local gun club set up Olympic training day so participants can sign up as training for Olympic?