Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Frustrating experience

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    If it happened the way you described, that is complete and total bullsh*t on their end; it's tantamount to theft. I would be absolutely livid. If I were in your shoes, I'd either be leaving the store with a working red dot, my money back or in handcuffs. Ain't no way I'm just gonna bend over and take that crap.
    It happened exactly as I described. That’s why i made sure to include the detail about me scratching the cap. That’s the only way I’m somehow at fault. I’m very livid, but a chargeback isn’t appropriate and what the #### else can I do but ##### about it online. Yes, it’s ridiculous they won’t help me with this or come up with a resolution. Small claims is also inappropriate since trijicon will (probably) make me whole in the end. But still yes i am livid, and for that all i can do is post about what happened.

As someone who has been screwed over by them I feel your pain. They falsely advertised an item and when it arrived I asked why it was different than their pictures and description. I would told the same thing "it's not our problem." I avoid them at all costs now.

CGN Regular
    Wow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffm312 View Post

Add it to the list of the ways we’re told to #### ourselves as Canadian gun owners and consumers.
    Yup.

take money somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffm312 View Post
    Over time G4C has become my favourite shop. Today it was time to pick up a red dot for my pistol. I went with a Trijicon SRO.

Out of the box, the Trijicon SRO would not power on. Before leaving the store we tried three different batteries. None worked. In the process of trying the different batteries to get the unit working the battery cap got scratched (the cited reason they wouldn’t swap the unit and deal with the RMA themselves, though they indicated they wouldn’t deal with the RMA anyways). I sort of understand, but also don’t understand why they couldn’t have swapped battery covers with the display unit, I keep the scratched one, and take back the defective unit with an unmarred battery cover and deal with the RMA themselves.

####ty situation, but it’s unfathomably frustrating spending $1K on a red dot and learning it’s defective before even leaving the store and being told, not our problem. The employees did their best to come up with various solutions but their management or whoever was making decisions decided not to entertain them. At the end of the day all they would do was put me in touch with North Sylvia who handles the RMA, not even being willing to send it back to them on my behalf.

Add it to the list of the ways we’re told to #### ourselves as Canadian gun owners and consumers. Never before have I bought something, it’s defective out of the box and im left with a “sorry, thats your problem now”. Really disappointing all around. I understand G4Cs position but the it’s your problem now part is a real piss off. Nothings good will come from me posting this but had to vent.
    It is their problem, no matter what BS they try to lay on you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    CC charge back and take your money some where else. A CC charge back is absolutely appropriate.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Seems strange if the product was defective before even leaving the store . Pay by credit card , and you have the Charge Back option .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Damaged or defective merchandise is not a reason a chargeback will be accepted, regardless of who is at fault.

If it's a special-order item, it might be challenging to replace it on the spot (where they may not have another unit around. but that doesn't sound like the case as you mentioned a demo unit), but if it happened the way you described it, I would not have "accepted" the non-working product and paid for it first, before they can demonstrate to me that it is in working order.

Seems unprofessional if they refused to deal with a defective product that you had just bought and not even out the door yet.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast