Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I missing something, or just a sucker?

Epps is the worst gun shop to deal with. I'm local and I will never go back there.

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    They mounted the scope therefore they should take responsibility for any damages incurred.
    Refund the difference in price from a competitor, exchange for a better quality scope (you pay difference) full refund and you buy elsewhere.
    Or chalk it up to experience and let your dollars shop elsewhere in the future.
    I agree 100% with what you are saying.

I'll contact them, explain the situation and see what they can do. I do not want to jump down anyone's throat or anything without at least calling in and explaining the situation and seeing how they might respond. Could have been a simple pricing error on their end - I don't know.

In the scheme of life $300 is not life changing, just a lesson. The part that bothers me is that I told them I didn't know much about scopes, etc. and was trusting their experience. If that was an opportunity for them to take advantage then I think that's pretty shameful. If it's just a mistake then I would hate to be throwing shade their way. It won't be possible to know either way until I speak to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako270 View Post
    If your rings are good quality and care was taken when mounted there should be no marks on the scope!
    I would remove the scope and inspect it, clean it up and pack it up in the original box if you still have it and return it for full refund.
    They mounted the scope and chose the rings - so I think I'll leave it all as they had it unless they tell me to do otherwise.

Even if they say that the scope will be damaged from mounting - like another poster said - they were the ones who mounted it.

I could also offer to stop by cabellas and buy the same scope brand new for $200 and they could take that new scope back in exchange for my $500.

Good idea on that Cab-exch. And after all's done, spread the word to all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef144 View Post
    They mounted the scope and chose the rings - so I think I'll leave it all as they had it unless they tell me to do otherwise.

Even if they say that the scope will be damaged from mounting - like another poster said - they were the ones who mounted it.

I could also offer to stop by cabellas and buy the same scope brand new for $200 and they could take that new scope back in exchange for my $500.
    good idea, same scope unless there is serial numbers on the bill
    You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.' --Mark Twain

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I would go in person with your receipt and explain the situation, maybe they give you a store credit or something. People in person are harder to ignore than an email. Unfortunately it was your decision to buy without price checking elsewhere. I doubt they will refund or exchange for a scope that has been mounted.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by laurencen View Post
    good idea, same scope unless there is serial numbers on the bill
    And just maybe the dinkell or one of his henchman is following the thread. He'd have to steal my wallet to get another dime from me.
    The more people i meet, the more i like my dog.

CGN Regular
    Really after you brought the scope cost issue up with them, rather than doing a return they should just offer a partial refund on the price difference of the scope. I have never dealt with them so can’t say what they are like.

Thanks folks - their store website says they have a 10% restocking fee on returns.

I've called and got through to someone twice today. First time the rep said they would get the owner to talk to me, and then I got left on hold for 5+ minutes before it went to voicemail.

Called back and no answer. Tried again a little while later and explained what had happened and the rep said "Oh, ok give me one second he's right here" - again 5+ minute wait and then I get sent to voicemail.

Not looking great in the customer service department so far.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    You have to be careful when looking at stuff on Amazon and e bay as there are knockoff brands pretending to be legit ones
    I would compare prices with another gun store like prophet, Tenda, bullseye, etc before speculating that Epps may have overcharged on the scope
    Just my 2 cents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast